Always A Tiger
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.

Always A Tiger

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to learn and talk about their Favorite Baseball Team, as well as just enjoy one another's company.

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Share | 

Max St. Pierre | C

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TigersForever
Tiger All-Star
Tiger All-Star

Aries Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Max St. Pierre | C   Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:33 am

Max St. Pierre

* Full Name: Maxim Joseph St. Pierre
* Born: April 17, 1980 in Quebec City, QC, Canada
* Height: 6' 0''
* Weight: 175
* Bats: Right
* Throws: Right
* College: N/A

Biography

Resides in Albuquerque, NM during the offseason...Attended Col. de Levis High School in Quebec, Canada, graduating in 1997...Recommended/signed by Bill Buck for the Tigers.

HIGHLIGHT 1997:

Made his professional debut with the Gulf Coast League Tigers.

HIGHLIGHT 1998:

Batted .385 in 31 games for the Gulf Coast League Tigers in 1998.

HIGHLIGHT 1999:

Finished third at Class A Oneonta with 22 RBIs during the 1999 season. ... Hit safely in nine-of-10 games Aug. 13-28, batting .353 with three doubles and seven RBIs. ... Finished with three hits on Aug. 26 versus Utica, establishing a season high. ... Posted a .306 batting average (19x62) with 11 RBIs in 18 games during August.

HIGHLIGHT 2000:

Spent the season with Class A West Michigan, earning Midwest League mid-season all-star honors. ... Led all league catchers with a .990 fielding percentage. ... Collected a season-best three hits at Lansing April 18, equaled the high with three hits on May 30 versus Dayton. .. Concluded April with a .349 batting average in 14 games. ... Sidelined for the majority of July with a fractured right index finger. ... Posted a season-high seven-game hitting streak Aug. 22-Sept. 3, batting .500 with four runs, three doubles and seven RBIs. ... Hit .200 (1x5) with a .429 on-base percentage in two games during the Midwest League playoffs.

HIGHLIGHT 2001:

Earned both Florida State League mid- and post-season all-star honors with Lakeland. ... Hit safely in 11 of 12 games from May 7-24, batting .362 with six runs, three doubles and 10 RBIs. ... Collected a season-high three hits on May 7 at Charlotte and equaled the high with three hits on May 31 at Fort Myers. ... In 21 games during May, he batted .312 (24x77) with 11 RBIs. ... Hit safely in 14 of 16 games from June 5-25. ... Over the 16-game stretch, he batted .385 with 11 runs, six doubles, one home run and 13 RBIs. ... Batted .329 with 12 runs, six doubles, two home runs and 17 RBIs in 24 games during June. ... Fared better against righthanders, batting .277. ... Hit .181 (17x94) with lefties on the mound.

HIGHLIGHT 2002:

Saw action with Class A Advanced Lakeland, Double-A Erie and Triple-A Toledo. ... Began the season with Lakeland, earning Florida State League mid-season all-star honors. ... Tied for the league lead among catchers with eight double plays. ... Posted a season-best eight-game hitting streak April 10-19, batting .429 with four runs, three doubles and three RBIs. ... Batted .321 with 12 runs, four doubles, two home runs and eight RBI in 21 games during April. ... Transferred from Lakeland to Erie on June 19. ... Started strong with the SeaWolves, batting .317 with eight doubles, three home runs and 19 RBIs in his first 36 games from June 21-July 31. ... Hit safely in eight-of-nine games July 25-August 2, batting .459 with six runs, four doubles, a home run and four RBIs. ... Joined Toledo briefly late in August, appearing in just one game before returning to Erie. ... Named the 27th-best prospect and best defensive catcher in the Tigers organization following the season by Baseball America.

HIGHLIGHT 2003:

Earned Eastern League mid-season all-star honors for Erie. ... Topped all Eastern League catchers with 76 assists. Established a career high with 11 home runs for the SeaWolves, tied for third-most on the club. ... Collected a season-best three hits on June 4 at Reading, matched the high with three hits against Altoona on July 18. ... Named the best defensive catcher in the Tigers organization following the season by Baseball America.

HIGHLIGHT 2004:

Topped all Eastern League catchers with a .996 fielding percentage for Erie. ... Selected to the league's mid-season all-star squad. ... Collected a season-high three hits May 6 versus Harrisburg. ... Matched the high with three hits June 26 versus Altoona, July 27 versus Bowie and August 3 at Portland. ... Sidelined July 2-12 with a concussion. ... Posted a 13-game hitting streak July 24-Aug. 11, batting .346 with seven runs scored, four doubles, two home runs and 11 RBIs. ... Batted .312 with lefthanders on the mound, compared to .225 when facing righties. ... Named the best defensive catcher in the Tigers organization following the season by Baseball America.

HIGHLIGHT 2005:

Led all Eastern League catchers by throwing out 46.5 percent of baserunners attempting to steal for Double A Erie. Selected to the Eastern League's mid-season all-star squad, belting a solo home run in the contest. ... Drove in a season-best four runs at Altoona on April 16 -- matched the high with four RBIs at Binghamton on June 25. ... Batted .319 with four doubles and eight RBIs in 14 games during April. ... In 19 games during June, he hit .333 with 11 runs scored, five doubles, a home run and 12 RBIs. ... Batted .337 when hitting with runners in scoring position.

HIGHLIGHT 2006:

Assigned to Triple A Toledo. ... Sidelined July 7-18 with a chest contusion. ... Hit .310 in 10 games during August. ... Saw action in four games for Toledo during the International League playoffs, batting .333 with a double.

HIGHLIGHT 2007:

Signed by the Kansas City Royals as a Minor League free agent during the off-season, he was assigned to Double A Huntsville after being acquired by the Milwaukee Brewers in a two-player deal on March 27. ... Appeared in 10 games with Huntsville before the Brewers organization attempted to convert him to a pitcher. ... Released by the Brewers organization on June 22.

HIGHLIGHT 2008:

Saw action with both Double-A Erie and Triple-A Toledo. ... Assigned to Erie to begin the season, and collected a season-high four hits on April 26 vs. Altoona. ... Hit .367 (22-for-60) with seven doubles, a home run and 14 RBIs in 17 games during April. ... Drove in a season-best five runs on May 21 vs. Bowie. ... Belted a season-high two home runs on May 31 vs. Altoona.... Batted .362 (17-for-47) with runners in scoring position for Erie before being promoted to Toledo on June 21. ... Collected four hits on July 3 at Columbus to equal a season best established earlier in the season with Erie. ... Hit .304 (21-for-69) in 20 games during July for the Mud Hens.

HIGHLIGHT 2009:

Split the 2009 season between Double A Erie and Triple-A Toledo...Opened the season with Erie, seeing action in four games before having his contract transferred to Toledo on April 27...Hit .327 (16-for-49) over a 14-game stretch with Toledo June 30-July 23...Had his contract transferred back to Erie from Toledo on August 5...Landed on the disabled list for the remainder of the season on August 25 with a left hand fracture.

"If you have to choose between power and speed and it often turns out you have to make that choice, you've got to go for speed." Source: TV Guide Interview (April 3, 1982)
-- Sparky Anderson

Last edited by TigersForever on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
TigersForever
Tiger All-Star
Tiger All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Max St. Pierre | C   Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:38 am

Tigers to call up catcher St. Pierre

By Jason Beck / MLB.com

08/31/10 10:09 PM ET

MINNEAPOLIS -- Max St. Pierre is finally coming to the big leagues. He won't be the most glamorous September callup, but he might well be the happiest.

After 978 games over 14 Minor League seasons, the longtime Tigers farmhand will join the big club as an extra catcher when rosters expand on Wednesday. The club hadn't announced the move as of game time Wednesday night, but St. Pierre confirmed to the Toledo Blade after the Mud Hens' game earlier Tuesday evening that he'll be joining the club in Minnesota.

For the Tigers, the move gives them a third catcher, something they could've used in recent days with Gerald Laird out with a back strain. Laird said Tuesday evening he hoped to be back for Wednesday, but that didn't diminish the need for insurance.

For St. Pierre, the move is a dream finally fulfilled not only after years of trying, but years of questioning whether it would ever happen. The French Canadian began his pro career as a 17-year-old in 1997, and with the exception of one year in the Brewers organization and a brief stint as a pitcher, has been in the Tigers' system ever since. He has made no secret that he kept going for a chance to get to the Majors.

He has been a regular with the Tigers in Spring Training, but has never spent a day on the Major League roster. That is set to change. He'll have to be added to the 40-man roster in order to be eligible, but the Tigers have an opening there.

St. Pierre batted .274 with 10 home runs and 36 RBIs between Double-A Erie and Triple-A Toledo, where he has bounced back and forth for the last three seasons. He has been with the Mud Hens for parts of five years.

"If you have to choose between power and speed and it often turns out you have to make that choice, you've got to go for speed." Source: TV Guide Interview (April 3, 1982)
-- Sparky Anderson
Back to top Go down
TigersForever
Tiger All-Star
Tiger All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Max St. Pierre | C   Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:33 pm

St. Pierre makes MLB debut with Tigers

By Alan Eskew / Special to MLB.com

09/04/10 9:38 PM ET

KANSAS CITY -- When the Tigers first posted their lineup on Saturday, it listed "Laird/St. Pierre" batting eighth and catching.

About an hour later, Gerald Laird was still bothered by lower back tightness and unable to go. That meant Max St. Pierre, who is 30 years and 141 days old, would make his Major League debut against the Royals.

St. Pierre became the second oldest Tigers position player to make his Major League debut. Mike Roarke was 30 years and 162 days old when he debuted on April 19, 1961, at Cleveland Stadium.

"Old Maxie will make his debut," Tigers manager Jim Leyland said.

Was he anxious to see what St. Pierre can do?

"No," Leyland said before the game. "I know what he can do. He can catch. He can throw and he might get a hit. He did hit .300 this year, but I know he can catch and throw."

St. Pierre hit .300 this season with Triple-A Toledo before his promotion on Wednesday. He had played 978 games in more than 14 seasons in the Minors.

"A [long] wait," St. Pierre said. "I'm a little nervous and excited at the same time."

-- Sparky Anderson
Back to top Go down
TigersForever
Tiger All-Star
Tiger All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Max St. Pierre | C   Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:58 pm

St. Pierre's debut remains fresh on his mind

By Robert Falkoff / Special to MLB.com

09/05/10 2:35 PM ET

KANSAS CITY -- After an emotional Saturday night in which he made his Major League debut and got his first Major League hit at age 30, catcher Max St. Pierre didn't have any trouble getting to sleep.

"I was exhausted," St. Pierre said Sunday morning. "My wife got in around 2 [a.m.] the previous night, so I wound up getting to bed around 4:30. I woke up early Saturday to have breakfast with some family and friends. Then I came here and played. By 1 a.m. I was snoring."

No doubt, St. Pierre had sweet dreams. He endured those Minor League bus trips for 14 years in hopes of getting a chance to do what he did on Saturday: Get a Major League start, get a win, get a hit. It all worked out perfectly.

"The hit was good, but the main thing was to win," St. Pierre said. "I wanted [Rick] Porcello to have a good game. My primary job is to help the pitcher succeed. If we win and I go 0-for-4, I'm happy. But the hit was a nice bonus, too."

With the emotions flowing, St. Pierre had to slow himself down as he came to bat for the fourth time. He managed a single off Dusty Hughes to finish the night 1-for-4.

"I told myself in that fourth at-bat that I had to change something because I wasn't seeing the ball well at all," St. Pierre said. "I felt jumpy and didn't know where my body was. I told myself that I had to trust my hands. [Hughes] left a 3-2 pitch over the plate and I put the bat on it. Those first three at-bats, I didn't know what I was doing."

With all the "firsts" out of the way, St. Pierre said he's just going to concentrate on making as big a contribution as possible as the Tigers come down the stretch in September.

"It was just a big day," St. Pierre said. "I was so excited to get in there. I hope this is an inspiration for any kids out there who plays sports or has dreams in some other area. Just believing in yourself can take you a long way in life."

-- Sparky Anderson
Back to top Go down
TigersForever
Tiger All-Star
Tiger All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Max St. Pierre | C   Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:51 pm

Damon fools St. Pierre's family on first hit

By Jason Beck / MLB.com

09/06/10 2:35 PM ET

DETROIT -- Max St. Pierre didn't fall for the hidden-ball trick that Johnny Damon tried to pull on him on his first Major League hit Saturday night. But St. Pierre's cousin did.

When St. Pierre singled off Royals reliever Dusty Hughes, Damon was ready at the top of the Tigers' dugout to retrieve the ball when it was thrown back in. He was also ready with another baseball in his left hand.

Once Damon got the real first-hit ball, he pulled the switch behind his back and tossed the other ball into the stands for a fan. St. Pierre wasn't watching; he was on first base trying to gather himself and get ready to run the bases. But his family was watching from the stands and didn't notice the trick.

St. Pierre said his cousin paid $20 to the fan who had the fake ball.

Damon said he's pulled the trick on "a lot of guys" over the years, as long as there's an extra ball in the dugout to use. But usually he fools the players, not the family. St. Pierre, however, got a laugh out of it.

-- Sparky Anderson
Back to top Go down
TigersForever
Tiger All-Star
Tiger All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Max St. Pierre | C   Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:43 pm

St. Pierre calms down at the plate
By Jason Beck / MLB.com | 09/26/10 1:54 PM ET

DETROIT -- Yes, that really was Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry, Be Happy" playing at Comerica Park when Max St. Pierre came up to bat Friday night. No, it was not a practical joke.

It isn't a typical at-bat song for a player, but it's something St. Pierre says he has done for a few years.

"There's worse things than slumping or just not doing well at baseball," he explained. "So it just calmed me down every time. The last three years, that's my song, man. It calms me down. I like it."

St. Pierre became famous earlier this month for getting his first stint in the big leagues after 14 years in the Minors. He has had one start and three late-game appearances so far, going 1-for-6.

-- Sparky Anderson
Back to top Go down
TigersForever
Tiger All-Star
Tiger All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Max St. Pierre | C   Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:31 pm

Laird's season likely over with shoulder injury
By Jason Beck / MLB.com | 10/02/10 1:52 AM ET

BALTIMORE -- Gerald Laird's season, and possibly his Tigers career, appear to be over after a long backswing from Orioles hitter Jake Fox hit the Detroit catcher in his left shoulder.

"It's serious enough that he probably won't play again," manager Jim Leyland said. "We've only got a couple games left. He wouldn't play [Saturday]. I doubt very much that's going to happen. The year's probably over for him."

Laird was expected to start Saturday against Orioles left-hander Brian Matusz. Leyland said that Max St. Pierre will instead get his second Major League start since becoming a September callup after 14 Minor League seasons.

Laird was behind the plate for Rick Porcello in Friday's doubleheader nightcap when Adam Jones tried to steal second. Fox swung and missed at Porcello's pitch, but his backswing caught Laird on his left side as he stood up to try to throw out Jones. Home-plate umpire Phil Cuzzi sent Jones back to first after calling interference. Laird stayed in the game for a couple more innings, but his shoulder apparently swelled up. Alex Avila replaced him behind the plate for the fourth.

Laird is a free agent at season's end. The Tigers have committed to Avila as their catcher next year -- in a platoon situation at the very least, and perhaps an everyday role. Laird has said he'll move on to another club if he can find a situation with more playing time.

-- Sparky Anderson
Back to top Go down
TigersForever
Tiger All-Star
Tiger All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Max St. Pierre | C   Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:36 pm

St. Pierre feels more confident at the plate
By Jason Beck / MLB.com | 10/02/10 8:28 PM ET

BALTIMORE -- Max St. Pierre says he knows a lot more about hitting now than he did during his younger days in the Tigers' farm system. After 14 years in professional baseball, that's to be expected. The source of his best advice is a lot less expected: Tigers second baseman Will Rhymes.

"Rhymsie helped me out a couple of years ago," St. Pierre said. "He helped me learn about my hitting."

Rhymes and St. Pierre have been teammates over the last few years between Double-A Erie and Triple-A Toledo. St. Pierre said he learned, through tips about the mechanics of his swing, how to find a good balance and how to drive the ball with more authority.

He now has a quicker swing, he says, which gives him more time to react on pitches.

"Since I've been doing that, I can let the ball get so deep, because I have a short swing," St. Pierre said. "When I find a good position, when I'm locked in, I feel I can react to anything."

The result has been some of his better numbers at the plate in years. His 10 home runs between Erie and Toledo marked his highest single-season total since 2003 at Erie. He finished strong at Toledo to close out his Mud Hens season with a .300 average.

He earned his second start with the Tigers on Saturday once Gerald Laird was ruled out with a bruised left shoulder. His lone at-bat on Friday night resulted in a line-drive double to the left-field fence on one hop.

-- Sparky Anderson
Back to top Go down
TigersForever
Tiger All-Star
Tiger All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Max St. Pierre | C   Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:48 pm

Tigers trade Dlugach, outright Bonine, three others
BECK'S BLOG
Posted on November 4, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Brent Dlugach began the year as a potential Tigers infield prospect in the upper ranks of their farm system, and went into the season as somebody to watch after an impressive Spring Training. Now, he's part of the Red Sox ranks, having been traded Thursday as part of the Tigers' moves take four Minor League free agents off their 40-man roster.

Also removed from the roster were right-handers Eddie Bonine and Jay Sborz, catcher Max St. Pierre and outfielder Jeff Frazier. All of them were outrighted to Triple-A Toledo, making them eligible to become six-year minor league free agents. Bonine elected to become a free agent immediately, while the others will become free agents on Nov. 6.

Of the group, Bonine had by far the most time in the big leagues this year, having spent the entire season in Detroit's bullpen. The 29-year-old knuckleballer went 4-1 with a 4.63 ERA in 47 appearances, all but one of them in relief.

Bonine went into the All-Star break with a 4-0 record and a 2.81 ERA before struggling down the stretch, allowing 22 earned runs on 47 hits over 26 1/3 innings. Opponents batted .395 against him after the break. He was inconsistent with his knuckleball, especially late in the season, and hitters began to simply sit on his fastball.

Dlugach was briefly seen as a potential shortstop option, but a slow start at Triple-A Toledo and a high strikeout total left him looking up at the big leagues. He batted .258 for the year with the Mud Hens with six home runs, 41 RBIs, 12 stolen bases and 149 strikeouts over 117 games.

The Red Sox will send over a player to be named later or cash as part of the trade.

St. Pierre finally made it to the big leagues after 14 years in the Minor Leagues, all but one of them in the Tigers organization. He'll most likely have a spot back in the system if he wants it, but it remains to be seen what he wants to do.

-- Sparky Anderson
Back to top Go down
TigersForever
Tiger All-Star
Tiger All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Max St. Pierre | C   Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:15 am

Tigers Re-sign Max St-Pierre

AUTHOR: John Parent | IN: 2010-11 Hot Stove

Fox Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi is reporting that the Detroit Tigers have come to terms with veteran minor league backstop Max St-Pierre on a minor league deal.

St-Pierre has been a minor leaguer for 14 seasons, including one season where the Brewers made him a pitcher. That one season, 2007, was the only year when St-Pierre was not in the Tigers organization.

St-Pierre earned a September call-up to the big club in 2010 and appeared in six games. He batted .222 (2-for-9) including a double.

The Tigers outrighted St-Pierre’s contract last week, allowing the 30-year-old to become a free agent. Among the group of five players that were outrightred together, St-Pierre is the first to come to terms on a deal to stay with the Tigers.

In 14 minor league seasons, St-Pierre has amassed nearly 1000 games played and posted a .251/.319/.361/.680 career line. He’ll be back in Lakeland when pitchers and catchers report as a non-roster invitee, a title he has held there in virtually every Spring training since he signed in 1997.

Like what you see here and want to stay informed on the happenings at MCB? Make sure to follow us on Twitter, friend us on Facebook, or grab our RSS feed.

-- Sparky Anderson
Back to top Go down
TigersForever
Tiger All-Star
Tiger All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Max St. Pierre | C   Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:09 pm

01/10/2011 11:15 AM ET
Tigers invite 18 players to Major League Camp

DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers today announced the following 18 players have been invited to major league camp this spring in Lakeland, FL:

____Pitchers____ ___Catchers___ ____Infielders____ _Outfielders_
John Bale Rob Brantly Argenis Diaz Andy Dirks
Enrique Gonzalez Bryan Holaday Brandon Douglas Avisail Garcia
Fu-Te Ni Patrick Leyland Scott Thorman Ben Guez
Chris Oxspring John Murrian

Adam Wilk Omir Santos

Brendan Wise Max St. Pierre

Additionally, the following staff members will be in uniform at major league camp this spring: Kevin Bradshaw, Ray Burris, George Carlo, Manny Crespo, Chris Cron, Joe DePastino, Leon "Bull" Durham, Toby Harrah, Jerry Martin, Jon Matlack, Phil Nevin, Dave Owen, Brian Peterson, Scott Pickens, Mike Rojas, Gene Roof and A.J. Sager. Additionally, both Willie Horton and Al Kaline will be in uniform this spring. Dustin Campbell, Matt Rankin and Chris McDonald will assist the major league training staff this spring, while Chris Walter and Steve Chase will both once again work with the Tigers strength and conditioning coordinator Javair Gillett.

The first pitchers and catchers work-out in Lakeland will be on February 14, while the first full squad work-out will be on February 19.

A complete roster detailing the non-roster invitees follows this release.

-- Sparky Anderson
Back to top Go down
TigersForever
Tiger All-Star
Tiger All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Max St. Pierre | C   Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:40 pm

Sizemore, Weinhardt cut as Tigers trim roster
Second baseman, righty among five players sent to Minors
By Jason Beck / MLB.com | 03/22/11 9:43 AM ET

LAKELAND, Fla. -- Scott Sizemore, viewed for a good stretch as seemingly the favorite to win the Tigers' second-base position, is headed back to Triple-A Toledo. So is Robbie Weinhardt, whose bid for one of Detroit's last bullpen openings appeared the strongest of anyone in camp.

Those were the two main surprises out of the Tigers' Spring Training cuts Tuesday morning. Outfielder Clete Thomas joined Sizemore and Weinhardt in being optioned to Toledo, while lefty reliever Fu-Te Ni and catcher Max St. Pierre were assigned to Minor League camp. The moves put the Tigers' roster at 28 players -- not counting injured Joel Zumaya and Carlos Guillen -- with one more round of cuts to go next week before the club breaks camp in a week.

Sizemore opened last season at second base for the Tigers before his hitting struggles and limitations with a surgically repaired left ankle prompted a move back to Toledo in May. This spring, however, he looked much improved physically with another year of health and a full offseason to condition himself. A strong start to camp had him in a strong position to take the logjam at second base.

Sizemore has alternated starts with Will Rhymes for much of camp, but had started just two of Detroit's last seven Spring Training games. More recently, he had only one plate appearance over the Tigers' last three contests, a single on Sunday that marked his first hit in six days.

Meanwhile, fellow infield prospect Danny Worth has made a strong bid for the spot. Both Sizemore and Worth bat right-handed. While Worth and Rhymes remain in competition at second, Sizemore will be a Mud Hen for a third straight year.

Weinhardt, meanwhile, had re-established himself in camp as a ground-ball specialist, mixing his sinker with an improved slider to get some key ground balls. He inherited a bases-loaded jam last Wednesday against the Blue Jays and retired all five batters he faced. Before that, though, he had three outings in which he allowed a run on two hits in an inning of work.

While Weinhardt returns to Toledo, Brayan Villarreal's bid for a spot remains very much alive. He and Enrique Gonzalez are the two right-handers left in camp without a spot assured. The left-handed relief competition, meanwhile, has been whittled down as well to Daniel Schlereth and rookie Adam Wilk, with Brad Thomas seemingly having a job sealed.

Ni made a good early impression in camp, looking physically stronger with better command. He allowed a run on four hits in 10 innings, but he also walked five, including two in one inning last Friday against the Red Sox.

Jason Beck is a reporter for MLB.com. Read Beck's Blog and follow him on Twitter @beckjason. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

-- Sparky Anderson
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Max St. Pierre | C   

Back to top Go down

Max St. Pierre | C
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1