Always A Tiger
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
Always A Tiger
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
Always A Tiger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Always A Tiger

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to learn and talk about their Favorite Baseball Team, as well as just enjoy one another's company.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Lions' Matthew Stafford honored as NFC Offensive Player of the Week

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TigersForever
Tiger All-Star
Tiger All-Star
TigersForever

Aries Location : Ohio

Lions' Matthew Stafford honored as NFC Offensive Player of the Week Empty
PostSubject: Lions' Matthew Stafford honored as NFC Offensive Player of the Week   Lions' Matthew Stafford honored as NFC Offensive Player of the Week Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:54 pm

By Tom Kowalski
November 24, 2009, 2:45PM

ALLEN PARK -- Detroit Lions rookie quarterback Matthew Stafford, who threw for 422 yards and five touchdowns in a 38-37 win against the Cleveland Browns last week, was named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week.

Stafford threw a 1-yard touchdown pass to tight end Brandon Pettigrew on the final, untimed play of the game to secure the victory.

"I just got that news. It's a huge honor, it's awesome,'' Stafford said. "I didn't expect that one to happen. I'm thankful. You've got to give a lot of credit to the guys catching the ball and blocking in front of me. Without them, it wouldn't have happened.''

Stafford said he's not sure if he'll play Thursday against the Green Bay Packers. He suffered a separated left shoulder on the final play of regulation and did not practice today.

"It's a big game for us,'' Stafford said. "It's getting better.''

Stafford said he'd be able to play in Thursday's game even if he doesn't practice all week and said he probably wouldn't know his health status until Thursday morning.
Back to top Go down
https://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1